If you have already gone to a police station in a big city in Brazil, you know how boring is. You see too many people on their desks, using their computers. Telephones ring the whole time, and nobody answers. So far, everything is working as usual. In Brazil, most of the public services work like that. But when you are there, you feel that nobody wants to give you attention.
Francis is facing this situation. He is a middle-aged black man with light brown skin and short grey hair.
He was waiting for the attendance of one detective. He was sitting for more than thirty minutes.
He already saw people getting in and getting out. Many police officers entered the room, and none of them asked what he wanted.
The commissioner arrived at the police station. He was a middle-aged white man with fair skin, tall, average weight, and his ear-length hair had some white strands.
Francis recognized him and got up. He had an average height and weight. Francis said, “Commissioner Gerald!”
Gerald looked at Francis and thought, “Oh my God! This man is here another time.”
He replied, “Are you Francis?”
“Yes. I’m. Do you remember me?”
“Yes. I do. What are you doing here?”
“Two weeks ago, I came here, and the detective in charge of my daughter’s case said he would call me, but he didn’t call.”
“All right. I’m sure there’s a reason he didn’t call you. Maybe he’s in another case. You know we are few people, and there are many cases.”
“Yes, I know about the difficulties the police officers face every day. But homicide is a case that deserves attention.”
Gerald sighed and said, “Francis. I know it’s hard to believe. But there’s no piece of evidence of a homicide. Everything indicates that it was a suicide. The detective has already said it to you.”
Francis said firmly, looking into his blue eyes, “But commissioner, I’m sure my daughter didn’t commit suicide!”
This excerpt is part of the book No Evidence. Read and solve this mistery.

No comments:
Post a Comment