Monday, December 22, 2025

I - Exposed Lives

“Hi mom, how are you?”

She hugged him and said, “I’m fine, and how was your day?”

“It was good. Talitha told me that she has chosen to be the curator of an Egyptian art exhibition that will come to our city.”

Leandra said with a bit of disdain, “I’m sure she only got it because of her origin.”

“As well, mom?”

“You know it. Nowadays, black people have the facility to get everything.”

Louis got too uncomfortable with his mom’s speech and said in a serious tone, “Stop it, mom! She is an extremely competent anthropologist and respected in academia.”

Leandra replied with irony, “Of course, she is.”

This excerpt is part of the book Exposed Lives. Read and find out the story of Louis.

https://books2read.com/u/bQGEOw

No comments:

Post a Comment

Est-ce le mariage de mes rêves ?

Ainsi, la valeur éprouvée de votre foi – beaucoup plus précieuse que l’or, qui est périssable et que l’on soumet pourtant à l’épreuve du feu...