Wednesday, August 12, 2026

One Fun Night!

On Friday tonight, Charles passed close to the bedroom and saw that Susan was astonishing. She has put on makeup, dressed in elegant clothes and high heels. He thought, Wow! What an awesome woman I have!

She noticed he was looking, and she was glad because there was a long time that Charles did not look at her in this way. She said, “This is what you are leaving at home when you decide to enjoy it with other women.”

He tried to justify himself, “I don’t do anything with anybody. It’s only fun, drinks and these things.”

“Charles, fool me once! I know the things you do,” Susan said in an ironic tone.

“Only you know. I don’t know anything about it.” Charles tried to dissimulate.

“Okay. Anyway, today I’m gonna enjoy it!

“How so?” Charles was surprised.

“I gonna date it with my friends.”

“Where you go?”

“I don’t know. I only know today we’ll have fun!” Susan was very excited.

Charles said in a sad tone, “And me, will I stay alone here?”

“If you will stay alone, I don’t know. That is on you.”

“But you can’t do it with me!” Charles continued in the same tone.

“Charles, you always do it with me, and now are you the victim? Stop it!”

“But the things in marriage can’t work based on vengeance!”

Susan said in a loud voice, and in a nervous tone, “Charles, please! We know that there is no real marriage here. Let each one do what they want. It’ll be better.”

This excerpt is part of the book The Path to Peace. Read and be moved by the story of Charles.

https://books2read.com/u/4jM212

No comments:

Post a Comment

Una serata divertente!

Venerdì sera, Carlos passò vicino alla camera e vide che Suzana era splendida. Era truccata, indossava abiti eleganti e scarpe con il tacco ...