“Have you packed all of your boxes?” asked a female voice.
“Not yet!” a male voice replied rudely. “I’m doing my best, but for you, nothing is ever enough!” he completed irritably.
“For God’s sake, Caio!” she replied irritably. “It’s like I’m talking to a horse.”
“Tereza, it’s like I’m talking to a blind person. Look at all the boxes there are! And you come and ask me if I’ve already picked up everything?”
Tereza shrugged and went back into the house. Caio was putting the moving boxes into a truck. Many of them had already been placed there, but there were still many left.
In the couple’s bedroom, Tereza looked around at everything, the upholstered bed and its padded headboard. She smiled and remembered that that headboard had been used in many of the couple’s intimate moments. At the other end of the bed was a stuffed ottoman, and there were also many pleasant memories there.
This excerpt is part of the short story "New House". Read this and other stories in my book Life Is an Adventure.

No comments:
Post a Comment