segunda-feira, 8 de novembro de 2021

My First Book - Diverse Poems

This was my first published book, Diverse Poetries. The book was originally published on 25th December 2019, in Portuguese.

The book gathers many short poems that I wrote. I don't know the exact year of the first poems. I think there are poems from 2006.

There are poems about many subjects: life, love, feelings, God. Some of the poems were written in a notebook. And after years, I put them into digital files.

This book was published on the following dates:

Portuguese: 25/12/2019

Spanish: 12/01/2021

English: 06/10/2020

This was my first translation to Spanish and the first poetry book that I translated to English.

The translation for Spanish was not so hard because the rhymes were very similar to Portuguese, and I have a good knowledge of Spanish vocabulary. To clarify doubts, I used the dictionary of RAE (Real Academia Española [https://www.rae.es/]). And to find some rhymes, the website Palabras que riman.

Translating to English was very hard. I've never written or translated anything with rhymes. I did some internet research and found a very good website: Rhymezone (https://www.rhymezone.com/). On this website, it is possible to find rhymes and synonyms. These functions are very useful to translate. Besides that, I used the Oxford Dictionary to understand the right meaning of the words.


To make a final review of the translation, I used the website Grammarly (https://www.grammarly.com/). This website indicates mistakes and corrections to me. While the text is modified it has shown a score (0-100). I always seek a score over 90, many times, I got 98 or 99.

Book's description

This is my first collection of poetries, With verses that once I did. Verses and poems, short in its majority, Bringing to the reader great felicity. In three parts, the book is divided: The first is dedicated to God and Jesus Christ. The second is dedicated to various themes, And the third contains reflections about feelings. Before buying, look inside, Read, and put more verses in your life, If you like, buy to read more verses, Then, your evaluation, I want to get.


Find out more on the book:

https://books2read.com/u/b5Y9q7


Update: 03/08/2022

I made some updates and improvements to this book.

I revised the text and the translation.

Besides that, I made a new cover for the book. I used the same model as volume II.

Soon, I'll explain why I made the revision...

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário

My twenty-third book — Chronicles of the Unseen: Unveiling the Extraordinary

The short stories were not written with the intention of being published in a book. They were all developed for participation in literary ...