terça-feira, 23 de novembro de 2021

My fourth book - Approved for Life

This book was the first one that I wrote in three languages: Portuguese, English and Spanish.

In the beginning, I had many doubts about whether I really could do this. I thought: “I'm not a native English speaker, neither a fluent speaker. Probably I will give up when things get hard”.

Picture from Lucas Pezeta on Pexels

I began to write, and little by little, I noticed that I could translate it into English. It was the first time that I tried something like that. At this time, I still hadn't published anything in English. I felt I had to take this step. I had to try becoming a three language writer. One time I heard: “If you want to get great things, you have to do things the people don't do”. Then I did it.

Picture from Анна Рыжкова(Anna Ryzhkova) on Pexels

To help with the writing I used the following sites:

Oxford Learner's Dictionary

Grammarly (text revision)

Google Tradutor (words and expressions I didn't know)


These sites have helped me since that time.

Now, let's talk about the book. The book is about a man in the public service of Brazil. He only wants to have a stable job, without any concerns, with a good wage and gratifications.

He began to work as a sportive coach for Betim's city administration, in a poor neighborhood. There, he faces many challenges and discovers too many bad things about public service. (I'm sorry, but I can't give you many details. If not, you won't read the book.) The book has a different idea from other stories about sports coaches and pupils.

Picture from cottonbro on Pexels

The book was published on 08/17/2020.


Find out the book on your favorite store:

https://books2read.com/u/mZgxl2 


Update: 02/24/2022

I made some updates and improvements to this book.

I revised the translation, and I included the physical characteristics of the characters. Now each one of them has skin, hair and eye color, hairstyle, and information about their physical shapes.

Besides that, I made a new cover for the book. I think this new cover is better than the previous one.

Soon, I'll explain why I made the revision...

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário

My twenty-third book — Chronicles of the Unseen: Unveiling the Extraordinary

The short stories were not written with the intention of being published in a book. They were all developed for participation in literary ...